Saturday, February 25, 2012

Celebration of Mom

Today's post is near and dear to my heart.  It's all about my mom.   She's 76 and going strong.  Seems young as ever and still the party girl.

The pictures represent moments from her life from a little girl on the farm, to a teenager, marriage to my dad, the rugrats when we were little, a picture of her and my dad on their 50th wedding anniversary, and the whole family on our trip to the Outer Banks to celebrate.  Good times!   They'll be married 56 years this year!! :)

I used the Artist Printer's tray from 7 Gypsies.  Here is a picture of the whole tray.  There's a bit of a glare in places.  It was hard to get a good picture without glare.


Pin It
The papers I used were from the Bo Bunny Gabrielle Collection.  I used a lot of other products as well.  Here's a close up of each section.
The jewels are from Prima, the heart die is Tim Holt'z Alterations Mini Hearts Set, the seam binding ribbon was dyed using Ranger Perfect Pearls Mist in Blue Patina, Green Patina, and Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink.

The charm is made up of 7 Gypsies Loop & Hook and Tim Holtz Idea-ology Baubles, Muse Tokens, and Locket Keys. The mini spools and fabric flowers are Maya Road.  The dress form is Tim Holtz Alterations Sizzix die Mini Sewing Room.  I also use Tim Holtz Alterations Ornate On the Edge die.  The hanger clip is Tim Holtz Idea-ology.

The butterfly is a Martha Stewart Punch.  The "angel mother" quote I typed.  It's a quote from Abraham Lincoln that I love.  The satin flower is Bo Bunny.  In the lower left, the stamp is Tim Holtz for Stamper's Anonymous, the handle is 7 Gypsies.  This  panel opens up to reveal "Keep an adventurous heart." which is from Stamper's Anonymous.  The lower right is made up of dyed ribbons, the little flowers are from Maya Road and I died them with Perfect Pearls Mist in Blue Patina and Ranger Peach Bellini Alcohol Ink.  The brown ric rac is Maya Road and the button is a vintage button I picked up along my journeys.  The vials are Tim Holtz Idea-ology.
In the upper right, the butterfly dies are from Memory Box.  Love them!  The quote say "When I want to see love defined, I look at you." It's from Tim Holtz for Stamper's Anonymous.  The ric rac die is from My Favorite Things.  The rosette and bird dies are from Memory Box.  In the last frame, the stamp saying is from Verses and the butterfly images are a Martha Stewart punch. 
Sorry for such a long post today.  But, I hope you enjoyed.  Talk to you soon.

Linda

2 comments:

  1. I love it! Very beautiful and heartfelt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda, This is beyond amazingly, wonderful!!! I'm first to sign up when you teach this in a class. All of the elements, photos and embellishments are fabulous. I have to wipe my nose print off the monitor getting as close as I can to see every detail. Thanks for sharing your precious momento! Best, Jeanette

    ReplyDelete