Sunday, January 13, 2013

Journal for Lou

Today I want to share a journal that I made for a very very dear friend and co-worker, Lou.  She is so special to me.  We've worked together for 12 years and I couldn't ask for a better friend and confidant.  I absolutely love how this journal turned out and I secretly wanted to keep it for myself...is that bad???!  {wink}.



Some of the product is probably older and no longer available (like the paper) but I'm going to list it here just so ya know....

The journal size is 5 X 8 and I assembled it using a Zutter Bind-it-All.  The covers are just plain thick chipboard and covered with Bo-Bunny paper.  It's Unwritten from the Gabrielle Collection.  It was perfect for the front of the journal.  The design on the front of the cover is actually how the paper was designed!  PERFECTION!

The verse is from Stamper's Anonymous.  It's actually a wood stamp designed by Tim Holtz that I've had for a while. They issued it as part of one of Tim Holtz's unmounted stamp collections called Just Thoughts.

I added a bit of Tim Holtz film strip tape on the left side.  The little jars are also Tim Holtz corked vials.  I found some clear pebbles and dyed them with Copic refills.  Glued in the little corks and added a bit of twine.  Just too precious.

The roses, of course, are my absolute favorite part of the journal and I just love making them.  They are made from Tim Holtz Idea-ology Grunge Paper and Tim's Tattered Florals Sizzix die (the medium sized 6 petal flower).  I just stamped the pieces with a background stamp and covered them with Distress Ink using a Blending Tool and Foam.  Then assembled the flowers. The leaves are actually die cut from My Favorite Things but I can't recall which die.  {shame}  

The last thing I did was add a bit of Stickles to the rose petals....and let them dry before adding them to the front of the journal.

The inside of the journal is just plain kraft text weight paper.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Hope you like my journal.

Linda

1 comment: