Wednesday, February 6, 2013

MB - Intricate Heart

This is a card I shared over on the Outside the Box blog.  That's the blog featuring designs from the Memory Box design team.

I wanted to share a few more details over here on how this card was designed.   I am a huge fan of anything Tim Holtz and frequently choose the Distress line of products when designing my cards.

Instructions:

  • I cut a piece of Tim Holtz Idea-ology Tissue paper to about 4 1/2 X 5 1/2 and using a "dries clear" liquid glue, I glued it to a piece of Memory Box paper in Parchment to 3 7/8" X 5 1/8".  I actually used Ranger Ink's Glue 'n' Seal.  Love that product.   Once dry, I trimmed off the excess tissue paper and then distressed with Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink using an ink blending tool and foam.
  • This piece was adhered to Memory Box Licorice paper (5 1/4" X 4") and then adhered to a Memory Box Pool Note Card.
  • I cut a piece of Connection Paper from the Fourteen Collection by Crate Paper  and adhered it to a piece of MB Licorice paper
  • I stamped the Memory Box Intricate Heart using Versamark Ink onto a piece of MB Parchment Paper and heat embossed with Judi-kins Opaque White embossing powder. My new fav!!  {smile}
  • I distressed the image with Victorian Velvet Distress Ink using a blending tool and foam.  Then I layered on Worn Lipstick Distress Ink and finished up with some Fired Brick Distress Ink to add some depth and shadowing.
  • Here's a neat tip.  Take a tissue and moisten it with your breath (I know...sounds and LOOKS strange)....then buff the heart.  This removes any excess ink from the embossed area and really makes it pop.
  • Die cut the heart using the Memory Box Grand Heart die.   I then used a finger dauber and put a just a hint of Black Soot Distress Ink around the edges of the heart.  This just added a bit of shadowing and I like the effect.
  • I attached this to the front of the card.
  • Thread twine through a button and tie in back, then fold ribbon in half and tie with remaining twine.  Use large glue dot to adhere to front of card.
I hope you like the card. Have a great day!

Linda

1 comment:

  1. Linda, I think this is the first time I've been here (shame on ME)! I love this card - especially the color palette!

    ReplyDelete