Monday, July 18, 2011

My First Post

Well, I’ve gone and done it.  After much encouragement from friends and trying to build up the courage, I’ve started a blog.
Just a little about the purpose of the blog…  Well, I’m a member of the design team for Memory Box.  They are a fabulous rubber stamp/paper company out of Seattle.    I’ll share my designs here and I’ll also post information about classes that I’ll be teaching.  You can also see my posts on the Memory Box design team blog, Outside the Box.
I’ve been working at and teaching at our local scrap/stamp store for over 6 years, but unfortunately they closed this past spring. 
About a year ago, Dave Brethauer, the owner of Memory Box, visited our local store and invited me to join his design team.   I was flabergasted to say the least and very honored.
So, I’m looking to branch out with my teaching gigs!  In fact, I’ve taught at Prairie Art Stamps in Springfield, IL and at The Ink Spot in St. Louis, MO in the past.  I’ve got classes set up at Scrapadoodle in Peoria, IL in August and October and at Prairie Art Stamps in September.   I continue to set up new classes so keep an eye out.
You might also see cards created using stamps from two of my other favorite companies, The Cat’s Pajamas and My Favorite Things….if time permits!  They have the cutest quirkiest stamps that are fun to work with.
Finally, thanks so much for visiting.  It means a lot and I’ll try not to disappoint.

No comments:

Post a Comment