Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Dogwood in Spring

Today I'm featuring the Flowering Branches stamp from Memory Box.  It reminds me of a dogwood tree.  It's sentimental since my mom has always loved them.
Pin It

I'm also featuring the Gothic Rosette 98249 die.  I know, I know...its supposed to be a rosette, but I also love it as a border die!
Instructions:
  • Cut a 4 X 5 1/4 mat from Vanilla Bean paper
  • Stamp Mail Definitions G1839 with brown dye ink onto kraft cardstock and adhere to top of Vanilla Bean mat
  • Die cut Gothic Rosette from Bauble cardstock (from the Valise Collection) and adhere about 3/4" below the Mail Definitions
  • Cut a piece of scrap ribbon and adhere between these two pieces then attach this entire piece to the front of a Sky Note Card
  • Stamp Flowering Branches with Brilliance Pearlescent Chocolate ink onto cold-press watercolor paper and heat emboss with clear embossing powder.  Trim around outside stamped edge
  • Watercolor flowers with Tim Holtz Worn Lipstick Distress Marker using water brush
  • Distress with Shabby Shutters and Stormy Sky Distress Inks and blending tool/foam and attach to Vanilla Bean mat and then Sky mat and attach to front of card with foam tape
  • Stamp Just a Note Combo B1852 with brown dye ink and attach to Sky mat and then attach to front of card
Enjoy this beautiful day!
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment