Sunday, May 6, 2012

Explore-Create-Discover Journal

I’d like to share this journal I made for my friend, Maureen.   It’s one of my favorites because I used a lot of Memory Box products. 

 Pin It
This journal is made from Bo-Bunny Et-Cetera paper and bound with a Zutter Bind-it-All.  The inside pages are just plain kraft text weight paper.

To decorate the cover, I stamped Blank Ticket with Coffee Archival Ink and die cut with the Blank Ticket matching die from Memory Box. I distressed this piece with Faded Jeans and Peeled Paint Distress Inks. I stamped Create Art (also from Memory Box) with Coffee Archival onto cream paper and then distressed with Fired Brick Distress Inks.  I attached these pieces overlapping onto the front of the journal.  The larger die cut is from Spellbinders.  Since the word “discover” was going to be covered up anyway, I trimmed it from the previously stamped paper and trimmed it down as the title of the journal. 

The flowers are all from Prima or Hero Arts.  I just mix them all up in one container, so I’m not sure which is which.  I distressed each of the flowers with various distress inks and added Linen Distress Stickles to give them some texture. 

I especially love the branch and the bird.  They are both from Memory Box.  The branch is the Woodland Branch and the bird is the Perched Reedbird.  I die cut the bird with Grunge paper first and then from some scrap paper!  I adore how this little bird turned out.  I added some Star Dust Stickles to the branch just for some fun and texture.

Have a great day!   Give someone a hug today!
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment