Thursday, September 20, 2012

Hardware Journal

Another journal today...I feel bad that I can't remember who I gave this one to??!!  But it was a year ago and I'm much older today.  Pretty sure it was Trish.

Anyways...I like the simplicity of this journal.

I used a paper from the Splendid Collection from Athentique.  I really like the heavy weight of their papers.  They work great for journal covers.

I punched a border using EK Success Abstract Flower Edger Punch for the left spine and then covered it with Tim Holtz Tissue Tape in Symphony.  The pearl/jewels on the lower right are from Prima as are the black jewels behind the rose.

The book plate and knob are also both Tim Holtz Idea-ology.  Remember...I'm addicted to all this hardware.  :)

Finally, I made the rose by hand by punching out three 5-petal flowers from grunge paper.  I inked them up with Fired Brick Distress Ink and stamped them with a background image.  I then cut and formed them into this 3-dimensional rose!   I absolutely love it!

For some glitz, I added Rock Candy Distress Stickles to the flower and the petals (also cut from Grunge Paper).

thanks for stopping by today!

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment