Monday, September 3, 2012

Bats around the Cauldron

Just like most people, sometimes card designs come to me pretty quickly and other times I really struggle.  Lately, I've been feeling the creative bug and I've been able to design lots of cards pretty quickly.  Well, relatively.....I'm forever putting a card together only to rip it apart because I didn't like something.  Takes me a couple times to get it just right.


Pin It

I like using purples and greens with orange for Halloween cards.  I especially like the distressing on this one.  Looks a bit eery.....

Instructions:
  • Stamp Bubbling Pot with Black Versafine Ink onto cream paper and heat emboss with clear embossing powder. 
  • Scribble Shabby Shutters or Peeled Paint Distress Marker on a craft mat and use a water brush to color the steam rising from the kettle.
  • Distress paper with Shabby Shutters, Seedless Preserves, and Spiced Marmalade Distress Inks. 
  • Attach Key Lime Gingham paper to lower portion of Licorice paper.  Attach stamped image on the upper half of this paper.
  • Die cut border from licorice paper and attach over seam.  Then add orange ribbon and attach on back.  Add this to front of Kraft Note Card.
  • Stamp Halloween Bat with Black Archival Ink onto Grunge Paper.  Trim around bat.  Add Spiced Marmalade or Shabby Shutter Distress Ink over words.  Edge the bat with Black Sharpie marker.
  • Die cut Swooping Bats from Licorice paper.  Add two of the die cut bats and the Grunge Paper Bat to the front of the card with glue dots or clear glue.  You can add the left over bat to the inside of the card if you like.
I designed this card especially for a class I'm teaching in Peoria, IL at Scrapadoodle.  The class is Sunday, September 30.  Hope you can join us!

Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment