Saturday, January 14, 2012

Trying My Hand at Journals

I've been working on a huge project at work, and I wanted to give all the project team members a token of my appreciation for doing such a great job.   So, I decided to make journals for everyone.  but then, someone told me "men don't journal"...so, I just made them for the girls.  :0).   Sorry boys....they ended up with Amazon Gift Certificates.

I thought they turned out pretty nice...well, that is for someone who has never created a journal before.  See, I have this Zutter, but I'm afraid to use it.  But, being inspired by so many beautiful creations online, I built up the courage.  I made a prototype so I could work through my mistakes...i.e.  cutting the inside paper too big, not cutting the outside cover paper big enough...  Then just started making them.  They came together pretty easily and I tried to tailor the design to the recipient.

So, now I'll feature one of those journals from time to time.  I think I ended up making 12 in all.  Here's the first one:
Most of the items are things I have in my stash.  I'll try to identify everything!
Ginger paper from Cosmo Cricket's Circa 1934 Collection, Gaffer's Tape from 7 Gypsies, Mini Bingo Card from Jenni Bowlin, Pen Nib, Mini Paper Clip, and Journaling Ticket from Tim Holtz Idea-ology, Rhinestone Flourish from Prima, Blue Flower I made from Maya Road Zipper Trim and center is from Prima.

Thanks for stopping by..

Linda

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean about the Zutter. I've had one for sometime and seldom use it but I did make a Mini Album for Christmas and it came out great. Hope now to use it more often! I also like to get inexpensive lined journals at Target or Walmart and recover them using my own papers and embellishments to give as gifts. I'm sure all the lucky recipients just loved your appreciation journals.

    ReplyDelete