Tuesday, March 20, 2012

It’s Spring!

Happy first day of spring to everyone!!  

Ahhhh...I love this time of year.  Everything is so fresh, new, and green. What better time to try something new. 

For me, I finally tried my hand at making a round card.  I don't know what I was afraid of.  It really wasn't too difficult.  Although there are probably a few things I would do differently next time.

I’m sharing my blog post from the Outside the Box blog today featuring the Leafy Branch Globe stamp (E1850) from Memory Box.   I'm really drawn to stamps with a nature theme.  I just had to add a cute little robin to the branch in honor of this day.
MB Blog 3.20.12
Pin It
The Leafy Branch Globe was inked up using Archival Coffee ink and stamped onto Parchment paper.  The image was colored with Ranger Distress Markers in Shabby Shutters and Peeled Paint.  I used a waterbrush to blend the colors.

The little bird is actually from the Heaven Sings stamp (B1385) from Memory Box.  Yep, it's a Christmas stamp, but it's one of those bonus stamps that Dave Brethauer from Memory Box so wonderfully creates with a sentiment and image on the side of the stamp.  I just colored the bird with Distress Markers in Vintage Photo and a touch of Fired Brick and stamped it on the branch.  The image was distressed with Stormy Sky and Tumbled Glass Distress Inks using an ink blending tool and foam.

Enjoy this beautiful day.....do something new today!  It’s time for change.  {smile}
my blog signature

No comments:

Post a Comment