Thursday, March 15, 2012

Kim’s Journal

Hi, everyone!

Time to feature another journal.   When you look at this one, you’re going to think the colors are a bit subdued.   That’s for a reason.  This journal I designed for my friend and former co-worker, Kim.   If you’ll recall from a previous blog entry, I designed 12 journals for some co-workers, including Kim.  As I designed each one, I tried to tailor it to the person.

Kim has such a warm spirit about her.  She loves nature and is so kind and loving.  Just one of those people who brings joy to other’s lives.

She chose to retire at the beginning of the year and I miss her and her smile.  I hope you can see the beauty in this journal just as we see the beauty in Kim.Birdcage Journal
Pin It

For the life of me, I can't remember what company the paper is made by.    At the spine, I added Tissue Tape and Film Strip Ribbon from Tim Holtz Idea-ology Line.  The tag is an inventory tag that I crumpled and then distressed with Distress Inks from Ranger.   I dyed the seam binding ribbon with Distress Inks as well.

The bird cage and bird are die cut using Tim Holtz Caged Bird Die by Sizzix.  The chain and jump rings are also from Tim Holtz from his Idea-ology line.  I think the beads are from Maya Road.  They were clear and I just added Ranger Alcohol Inks to match them to the journal colors.

Hope you enjoy!  Talk to you soon!

Linda

2 comments:

  1. Love the journal!! Linda is so sweet and talented.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous, Linda!!!! It is gorgeous. She's a lucky recipient.

    ReplyDelete